Times Square Theater Interior & Exterior, Manhattan
Address: 215 West 42nd Street
Architect: Eugene De Rosa
LPC Action: Public Hearing 6/14/182; 6/15/1982; 10/19/1982
LPC Backlog Hearing: Removed from the calendar without prejudice
The Times Square theater was opened by the Selwyn Brothers, who owned and operated two other theaters in Times Square, the Apollo and the Selwyn. In 1934 in the depths of the Depression, the theater was converted to a movie theater, and remained operating as such until 1990.