St. Paul’s RC Church, Manhattan
Address: 121 East 117th Street (aka 115-125 East 117th Street)
Architect: Neville & Bagge
LPC Action: Calendared 1980
LPC Backlog Hearing: Prioritized for designation
Designated on June 28, 2016
St. Paul’s RC church and Rectory was completed in 1907-08 by architects Neville & Bagge, although the original church’s cornerstone was laid in 1834 at this site, making St. Paul’s one of the oldest churches in the New York Diocese. The Romanesque, twin-towered church is clad in limestone and has a cooper roof.