Liberty Theater, Manhattan
Address: 256 West 42nd Street
LPC Action: Public Hearings 6/14/1982; 6/15/1982; 10/19/1982
LPC- Fact Sheet (UPDATED 9/2/15) | Research File
The Liberty Theater was a Broadway theater from its opening in 1904 until 1933. During the Depression, the theater was converted to a movie theater and became vacant and derelict by the 1990s, when it was purchased by the City of New York. Its facade has become absorbed into an entertainment complex, while the interior has been converted into a restaurant and rental event space.