4881 Broadway at 204th Street
Unknown architect, ca. 1784
The Dyckman Farmhouse belonged to William Dyckman and his family, early prominent citizens of New York. It is the only surviving Dutch Colonial farmhouse in Manhattan. Between 1868 and 1871, the Dyckman family sold much of their large farm in four sections. Descendants of the Dyckman family bought the house and surrounding half acre of land, restored it with period furnishings in 1915, and donated it to the city the following year as a museum which continues to operate today.
Additional Neighborhood Sites
ART DECO PARK FURNISHINGS, INWOOD HILL PARK URBAN ECOLOGY CENTER and THE HENRY HUDSON MEMORIAL BRIDGE