52nd Police Precinct Station House
3016 Webster Avenue
Stoughton & Stoughton
When the East Bronx was annexed in 1898, its population grew rapidly and this area was in need of police protection, which led to the construction of the 52nd Police Precinct. The red brick Italian Renaissance Revival villa features a square tower with projecting eaves and blue and white terra-cotta clocks on three of its sides, protected by pitched roofs with wooden bracket supports. The Police station was designated a New York City Individual Landmark in 1974 and was added to the State and National Register of Historic Places in 1982.