368 Atlantic Avenue
The architect and construction date of this building are unknown, but it was likely constructed as a residential building with a commercial ground floor. It was converted in 1917 into a Jewish school and synagogue called Talmud Torah Beth Jacob Joseph, at which point it gained its Moorish Revival façade, with intricate brickwork and medallions around the entrance. In the 1970s, the building was purchased by an antiques dealer, one of many in this part of Atlantic Avenue. In fact, the block between Hoyt and Bond Streets was once known locally as “Antiques Row,” as antiques dealers began operating businesses here in the 1960s and 70s. Their presence helped to revitalize the area, but many have since closed. In 2004, 368 Atlantic Avenue was converted into a night club, and became a catering hall and event space a few years later.