Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The 29th Street Neighborhood Association-ISN urgently needs your help.
On Tuesday, March 31st, the Landmarks Committee of Community Board 5 (CB5) will hold a hearing on our proposal to expand the current North of Madison Square Historic District
WE URGENTLY NEED SUPPORTERS
TO FILL THE HEARING ROOM
We expect a lot of negative testimony from real estate developers. It’s critical that we demonstrate as much support as possible for our proposal, because if this Committee doesn’t vote to approve our proposal on Tuesday, and if their recommendation isn’t strong enough for the CB5 full board to vote to approve this on April 7, that’s it. It’s over.
Please come if you have any interest in the future of this neighborhood —we just need as many bodies in as many chairs as we can mobilize. It is REALLY critical that we pack the room with supporters Bring a friend (or several). The committee wants to see that there is support from the community to expand this historic district. The destruction of our neighborhood will continue to surround us if we can’t get this done.
Here is the info from CB5:
TUESDAY, March 31, 2015 at 6:00 pm
LOCATION: Xavier High School,30 West 16th Street, 2nd Floor Library
Layla Law-Gisiko, Chair
Renee Cafaro, Vice Chair
- Presentation of the ongoing restoration at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Proposal for the expansion of the Madison Square North Historic District, down to 24th St and up to 34th St b/t 6th and Park Avenues
- 4 West 19th Street, application for façade renovations.
- 375 Park Avenue, The Four Seasons, application for restoration and alterations.
- 100 5th Avenue, Eddie Bauer, application for a proposed ADA compliant exterior ramp and two illumi