This park takes its name from a church that once stood on Alexander Avenue and East 142nd Street. In the park’s north end is Janes’ Hill, which is named for Adrian Janes, a partner of Janes, Kirtland & Company Iron Works, whose factory stood northwest of the park. Amongst the company’s achievements were casting the architectural ironwork for Central Park’s Bow Bridge and both casting and erecting the iron dome for the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. in 1863.