Grace Episcopal Church / Church of the Resurrection
34-34 98th Street, 1925
100-17 32nd Avenue, 1951-53
These sister congregations merged in 2016 to become the Episcopal Church of Grace and Resurrection, occupying the latter’s building on 32nd Avenue. Grace Episcopal Church was the slightly older congregation, founded in 1906 and organized in 1907 in a small chapel that later became its parish hall, located at 34-22 98th Street, “an attractive one story frame building, somewhat in the bungalow” style, according to the local press. Construction of a proper church was long planned but took a number of years to realize. The nearby Church of the Resurrection held its first service on Easter Sunday, 1923. Its congregation is comprised primarily of Afro- Caribbean and African-American families.