259 JEFFERSON AVENUE
John G. Prague
This handsome Queen Anne and Renaissance Revival house was first owned by William J. Howard, who lived here with his family from 1886 until his death in 1919. Howard was a glove manufacturer and founder and owner of the Howard Estates Development Company. By 1914, having accumulated over 500 acres of land, Howard developed streets, water and gas mains, and 35 residences in Howard Estates, which became the present day Howard Beach.