NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY HARLEM BRANCH
9–11 West 124th Street
McKim, Mead & White, 1907–08
This branch library was one of 67 built in New York City between 1901 and 1923 by a grant from Andrew Carnegie. The limestone façade features Corinthian pilasters capped with stylized books that separate the building’s name, “New York Public Library.” It continues to serve the community as a library today.