35 Snyder Avenue
John Y. Culyer, 1874–5

Currently functioning as a public school, this building has served many purposes since its construction in 1875. Built as the Flatbush Town Hall after residents defeated an early proposal to become part of the city of Brooklyn, it has been preserved over the years as a community center and police precinct, among other things. Its fanciful tower, mansard roofs and iron cresting lend grace and charm to this part of Flatbush.