890 Flatbush Avenue
Church: Thomas Fardon, 1793–98
New York City Individual Landmark
Parsonage: Unknown architect, 1853
Church House: Meyer & Mathieu, 1924
New York City Individual Landmark
State and National Registers of Historic Places

This church, which has held services here since 1654, was one of three churches established by a mandate from Governor Peter Stuyvesant. The current building, though it was completed in 1798 and is one of the oldest structures in Flatbush, is the church’s third structure. It contains classic elements of the Georgian style popular in early America, including a white octagonal spire and belfry adorned with Tuscan colonnettes and urns. Its façades are made of Manhattan schist and are punctuated with arched windows. The Tiffany stained glass windows were installed in 1889 to commemorate the descendants of some of Flatbush’s early Dutch settlers. Some of the gravestones in the cemetery also bear the names of prominent Flatbush families, including Ditmas, Gerritsen, Livingston, Lefferts, Martense, Van Siclen and Vanderveer.