Colony Club, Union Club of the City of New York
564 Park Avenue
Delano & Aldrich, 1914-16 – NYC HD
701 Park Avenue
Delano & Aldrich, 1930-31 – NYC HD
Park Avenue has two of the city’s early private clubhouses, both designed by Delano & Aldrich. The Colony Club, which still operates, was the first women’s group in the city to erect a clubhouse, though this neo-Georgian building is the club’s second home. Its first home at 129 Madison Avenue is an Individual Landmark. The Union Club was established in 1836, making it the oldest private club in the city and the third oldest in the country. This Renaissance Revival structure is its sixth home, which includes card and backgammon rooms and squash courts.