BROOKLYN PUBLIC LIBRARY, FLATBUSH BRANCH
22 Linden Boulevard
R. L. Daus, 1905
To serve the new residents of Flatbush, a Brooklyn Public Library branch was constructed with funds from steel magnate Andrew Carnegie, who donated many branches throughout the city. The original structure, which had vaulted reading rooms lit by skylights, underwent major changes in 1937, including the addition of east and west wings, a vestibule and a new moderne façade by the Brooklyn Public Works with Works Progress Administration funds.