9 West 29th Street, 11 West 29th Street, 13-15 West 29th Street
c. 1857; altered: John B. Snook & Sons, 1900-01
c. 1859; altered: John B. Snook & Sons, 1902
The Italianate rowhouses at numbers 11, 13 and 15 West 29th Street were all built for the same client, George Greer, in the mid-19th century. In 1900, numbers 13 and 15 were joined into one structure. Number 11, which was altered with stores and show windows in 1902, was the first home of the American Geographical Society. Number 9 was originally constructed as a rowhouse, but subsequently functioned as a clubhouse and meeting place for members of the Bar Association. The structure was altered with the present Renaissance Revival style cast-iron façade in 1900.