Philip Wolff
ca. 1883

These brick apartment buildings are the work of Philip Wolff, a builder and mason who ran a business with his son, Charles L. Wolff. The company is understood to have laid many of the sidewalks in Stapleton. They also constructed many houses in the area, including 48, 52 and 54 Quinn Street and 80 Harrison Street. Number 87-89 has two central projecting bays with steep gable roofs and groups of three windows on each level. The window groupings on the ground level have bracketed wood overhangs and stone quoin surrounds. These projecting bays are flanked on either side by wings containing arched entryways with columned porches. The entire building is capped with a mansard roof and a bracketed cornice. Number 93-95 features a prominent onion-shaped corner turret with an arched dormer. The mansard roof also has four dormers of different sizes and a wide chimney with decorative brickwork. The lower stories have stone bandcourses, window lintels and sashes, as well as arched brickwork entrances with keystones and double doors with glass transoms.