ca. 1846

This Greek Revival house was built for Edward and Amelia Blake, owners of a general store in Clifton, a neighborhood just south of Stapleton. The most prominent feature of the house is its front porch, whose four fluted columns span the building’s two stories. They are capped with Corinthian capitals, upon which sits a triangular pediment. The porch once had a landing on the second floor, as well, and both the second floor and ground level landings had rail fences.