45 HARRISON STREET
James P. Eddy
This house was built by James P. Eddy, whose brother William and father Cornelius also owned houses on the street at number 74 and 36, respectively. Together, the three men owned and operated a lumber yard on Bay Street in Stapleton. Like the houses of his relatives, James’s house features a mansard roof, dormers, a bracketed cornice and a prominent full height projecting bay along its three stories. Its design is very similar to number 74 across the street. The entry porch features an overhang with bracket supports and paired columns. While some of the houses along Harrison Street have undergone renovations, the house next door at number 49 is the youngest on the street, built in 1940.